Friday, July 29, 2005

So I've got myself a blog!


It probably hasn't even been a month since I first encountered the term, let alone taken on board the concept, and here I am: creating my own! It's all Chocolate & Zucchini's fault...

First, it seduced me with its exquisite recipes and photographs into the realm of shere food eroticism.

Then it lured me into the fundamentally addictive world of forums - simply the most tempting place for a true procrastinator (everything computer-related is...) - which in this case turned out to be the most fabulous fellowship of foodies with whom to make connections, concoctions and corollaries.

(I happen to like alliteration, so please don’t start a discussion on its fuddyduddyness, its far and wide frequency and its thereby created fatigue factor. Like Slarty Bardfast, who liked his continents adorned with fjords because of their baroque feel, I happen to like alliteration – which, as most of you will know, goes way back beyond baroque, all the way to Beowulf and Gawain and the Green Knight...
But I’m digressing, which – if I want to apply Grice’s conversational maxims to my blog – I shouldn’t do. So, more about literature, language and film adaptations some other time.)

Last but not least - the really decisive factor came when Clotilde mentioned that there is an exchange going on between European food bloggers: you pack a parcel with goodies (at least one item has to be home-made), send it to a given address, and then you receive a parcel in return! Of course, you have to write about the experience in your blog -- so, la voilĂ ! I was forced to become a blogger, as there is nothing quite as enticing, exciting and exhilarating as packing and receiving a parcel! Exponentially multiplied (?!!) when the content is food!! I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging Lakritz. I look forward to reading more.

Zabeena said...

Thank you Andrew and Barbara!

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »